Monday, April 23, 2012

A Beautiful Life

Yup, I am back. It has been 2 weeks already since I have come back from India and I am pretty much settled here again :)

Also, as you all see, I have given the blog a little makeover. Actually I have split this single blog into two blogs.
Earlier what was titled "Purvi's Creative Hub", now has become "A Beautiful Life", which you are reading right now.
I have created another blog which is now titled "Purvi's Creative Hub". You can check it out here.

"A Beautiful Life" from now on will be all about fashion, food, my thoughts and my life in general ( i.e whatever I feel like sharing :) :))
and, "Purvi's Creative Hub" will be about my Art and Craft Projects.

Now the question is, why have I done so???? ...... Simply to make my writing and content more structured.
Remember me asking you guys here, whether I should have different blogs for my different interests or a single blog filled with all that I like.

Well!!! after following a number of other blogs, I have realized that people have varied tastes and a blog necessarily should be focused on one or two subjects. Other things in minor dozes is ok. But in my case, I think I pursue all my interests on a major scale and hence I feel the need to write about all of them. This was taking away the focus of my blog. Hence I decided to have 2 different blogs for 2 different types of content and audience. Simple logic, Right??????

Ok now lets get to the outfit.
I have previously mentioned here and here that I have my own boutique in Ludhiana, India. A lot of my clothes are designed in-house by me, my mother and my sister.

So I have decided that from now on, whenever I will post any outfit, designed at my boutique, I will also write about the story or process behind that outfit.

What say???? Does it sound interesting??????
Anyways lets see the story behind this outfit.


The Design Story
The Fabric: Printed Crepe from a local fabric shop in Ludhiana. It has the same print on the front and the back
The Silhouette: Sleeveless with A-line Hem to keep the focus entirely on the print and the design.
The Design Elements: Now the color black and the print on it are very strong, so I had to think of a design that would not overpower it but at the same time will stand out. Hence came in the Orange Peter Pan Collar in the front and the bold golden zip on the back




                                      Find me on Facebook, Twitter & Bloglovin

17 comments:

  1. Lovely dress! Glad to see you blogging again, and I like the blog makeover :)

    AwayFromTheBlue.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, Purvi! Congrats on the two blogs :) Nice idea to do a design story for the outfits you make, that would be really interesting to read about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice makeover and I quite like the dress and the prints. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Firstly I read LUDHIANA !! Makes me feel nostalgic ! : (
    Now back to your outfit, Peter Pan and a lovely print in 1 dress... Its a double treat !! : )
    You look gorgeous indeed !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see ur colorfull wings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back Purvi. I'd abandoned my blog for 2 months but now I'm back too. I really like your dress, especially the print. Have you considered making and shipping these internationally?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back!!! You have been missed! I find you in great shape! I love that dress!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Bloglovin'
    Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the new look of the blog. Informative indeed. Welcome back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the dress!Love it! The peter pan neckline makes it all the more interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the dress. Especially the print. It is lovely. Looks great on you! :)

    ∞ © tanvii.com ∞

    ReplyDelete
  11. so you had a good time in india then .. NO GOSSIP :) he he he

    excellent dresss .. and welcome back

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice new look of your blog full of color and vitality, Purvi! Good to see you back:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Purvi, hope you had a wonderful time in India. I must say, the dress your wearing is absolutely gorgeous. Love the design of the print. Very chic.
    Happy Blogging
    Amena.
    Fashionopolis By Amena
    Connect On Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome dress! Specially the print and peter pan collar! <3


    www.chpdzn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the dress!!

    xoxoxo
    Ritcha
    http://ritchastyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad to see you back again!! And beautiful dress, and simply loved that last photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This dress is adorable! I'd love to be able to make something so chic.

    ReplyDelete