Sunday, April 24, 2011

7: Random Observations

7 days to go

I am a little late for DAY 7 post but then what to do??? I am spending so much time with friends and away from laptop ( thats an irony for an MBA student :))

Anyways, I guess, I am on a writing spree, though I really don't know if I am making any sense.... but I just want to document my past 2 years some how so I am just writing and I am happy writing ( ok, now thats too much use of the word "Writing":)).... so i will begin listing some more facts.......

  1. One of the major debate in an MBA class is: Mumbai versus Delhi ( my college was in Bangalore, people had come from various places but the fight was always among Mumbai and Delhi :))
  2. Its good to know the local language. I have learnt Kannada and I know the following words:   Chill Maadi, Relax Maadi ( Maadi means "to do") and Kannada Gothilla (means I don't know Kannada language ;)                                                 
  3. Few common opinions are:  THE FOOD HERE SUCKS, THE INTERNET IS DEAD, I WANT TO GO HOME, WHAT WAS THE PROF SAYING AND WHY , WHY EXAMS & WHEN WILL THEY END YAAR 
  4.  There always are 2 or 3 students who will ask some weird, random question which will make you say,"WHAT IS HE/SHE SAYING?"....but these students also break the monotony of a boring, never ending lecture :)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
  5. Organizing events are real teachings because you get to handle not the students but the academic and non academic staff, their ego clashes. You learn how to say OK & YES to everybody and still do things that will be right...( believe me some people know nothing but they still come up with silly ideas and want you to execute them, and, if you do things as per them then boss, you are so very DEAD :)).... Also if you are a part of the organizing committee you get to officially bunk the lectures ;)
  6. Day to Day application of text book theories: All assignments, studies & presentations are completed "Just in Time (JIT)"....    &   80% of the work is done in last 20% of the total time allocated (Pareto analysis) 
  7. Classroom Presentations: When one team presents other teams are busy working on their presentations or are sleeping in the back of the class or busy with their laptops.... only a handful of students listen to what is being said......                                                                                                            
  8. There were a bunch of boys in my class who used to play multi-player games like Contra Strike by connecting their laptops to LAN... they all looked as if they are doing some individual work on their laptops but the real story was so so so very different :)
I have a smile on my face while writing all this and I am loving it :) :)



2 comments:

  1. lol @ the common opinions :D
    I'm smiling reading this post too specially for the 8th point :P :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hostel life really binds the students together ( whatever may be the reasons) :) and yes Boys will be Boys after all :)

    ReplyDelete